It’s all apples apples apples, and a little bit of cinnamon! Apple Crumble is a classic comfort food with delicious warm apples and a golden, crispy crumble. I love this recipe!
There might be quite a number of ingredients used in this recipe, but the method is straight forward and super easy. let’s get into it already! I’m using Granny Smith apples for this recipe, but you can use any apples.Feel free to add more cinnamon if you want that extra taste (apples and cinnamon go very well together).
What you’ll need:
- 6 large cooking apples
- 100g caster sugar (for the apples)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 300g plain flour
- 200g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar (for the crumble)
- 2 tbsp custard powder
let’s get started:
- Peel and cut the apples into cubes. Put the chopped apples in a sauce pan, pour the water in then add sugar and cinnamon. Let it bubble for just a few minutes until the apples begin to get just a little bit soft.
- While its bubbling, mix the corn flour with just a little bit of water to make a paste. Add this into the apples and mix together to thicken the sauce and to give it that extra flavour from the corn. leave that for another minute or so and then place into an oven dish . You don’t want to leave that for too long because the apples are still going to cook in the oven. You might also want to keep the extra sauce left in the saucepan for serving afterward.
- Now let’s move on to the crumble; add the flour, butter, sugar, and custard powder in a bowl . Mix them all together until you obtain a crumble, you can also have some big or small chunks in there .
- pour all the crumble(trust me you want all of the gooood stuff) over the apples and pop that into an oven at 180oC for 30-40 minutes or when the crumble is nice and golden
- You can serve this with some vanilla custard or ice cream like I usually do, and the thickened sauce from the apples.