Personally, I don’t think there is anything in the kitchen that feels as good as transforming simple ingredients into a delicious dish. I got that feeling after I made these mouth-watering potato bites a few weeks ago. I’m not sure If I’m the only one obsessed with sweet potatoes and bacon, but anytime I’m deciding on what pub to eat at, I always look out for sweet potato fries on the menu…..and is your breakfast really complete without crispy bacon?! In this recipe, I seasoned my sweet potatoes with paprika, thyme, salt and pepper…. but that’s just me playing with what I had in my cupboard and it turned out amazing.. so please use whatever you wish, seasoning is up to you. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need:
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp thyme
1 large sweet potato
Salt and pepper
- Start off by rinsing your sweet potato (if you want to leave the skin on like I did, ensure you clean properly), then dry with a paper towel. Slice them into about 1/2 inch slices and toss into a bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, paprika and thyme to the bowl of sweet potatoes and mixed together, ensuring that each slice is coated. At this point, arrange the slices on a greased baking tray and drizzle some more olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Allow to bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for about 25 minutes, then flip them over and allow to bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, you can cook your crispy bacon… add your slices of bacon on a cold pan and turn heat to medium-low. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes while constantly turning it over to ensure that you are cooking both sides evenly.
- In another bowl, place the avocado, squeeze some lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix this together until the avocado is nice and creamy.
- Assembling time! put some avocado on the sweet potatoes and then followed by the yummy crispy bacon. There you have it!Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes!